So before I get into the build, I want to clarify what my image here was. When I was re-reading Paul England's Atmoran Totems, I had the idea to create a similar styled series that focused instead on the 13 guardian signs, it was only a recent idea (as of the 27th of August), but it is an idea that's kind of stuck with me for awhile now.

To start thing off I wanted to go with the most unique sign of them all...The Serpent Stone, unlike the other 12, isn't associated with any month or guardian stone, and is almost completely separate from the others. Because of these factors, the Serpent has the possibility for being the most interesting build from a Lore perspective, so I decided to focus on it first.

Rules of the Series:

1. No more than 5 skills can be used - A rather simple rule with a simple reasoning behind it, I don't want to overload these builds with 10 different skills that are all complicated to level up. They're going to be smaller builds that focus on very specific skill sets to get the job done.
  2. No glitches - This is going to be a bit harder to keep up, but if I was going to abuse the game then builds like the Serpent and Shadow would be insanely easy (with Unlimited Stones) and I could easily overload the Lady stone build to be overpowered as hell. Instead these builds are going to be as pure as possible.
  3. Not Dragonborn - None of these builds are going to be the DB (well, they'll be made by the DB). There isn't really a reason (at the moment) but it is the general idea that these are more your common adventurer given power by the constellations to do good, not Akatosh/Kyne/Talos. 

-----------------------------------

The Serpent wanders about in the sky and has no Season, though its motions are predictable to a degree. No characteristics are common to all who are born under the sign of the Serpent. Those born under this sign are the most blessed and the most cursed

The Basics:

Race: Argonian - bonuses to Alteration, Sneak, Pickpocket and Restoration 

Stone: The Serpent Stone

Stats: 1 Magicka, 1 Stamina, 0 Health

Skills: Sneak, Alteration, Alchemy, Pickpocket and Restoration

Powers: Serpent Stone Daily Power, Sailor's Respite, Histskin, Mora's Agony and Shadowcloak of Invisibility

Combat Idea:

The basis of the Serpent is that it's unpredictable, you never know when it's going to appear before you (or strike you down). Because of this, the Serpent focuses on using Stealth based gameplay to take enemies down silently (if not quickly). He doesn't specialize in sneak attacks or even killing enemies, but instead slowly wearing them down with a combination of potions, debilitating spells and if necessary, powerful Sun based spells. 

The primary focus of this character is to get up close, load an opponent up with debilitating poisons through a combination of Stealth and Pickpocket, and then rely on Poison Runes to take care of the rest of their health. It isn't the most powerful arsenal a character can have, but it will take creativity, wit and strategy to pull off well. The character does suffer a major weakness when confronted with foes that are immune to Poisons, most notably Dwarven Centurions and Undead, but we do have Sun Spells for the second type of enemy, and running away (with Shadowcloak of Nocturnal and high Sneak) for the former. 

Equipment:

Head: Shrouded Hood - 25% Sneak Bonus is excellent

Body: Either Black Robes or Shrouded Robes - Both are good but Black Robes adds a better boost, depends on the appearance.

Hands: Shrouded Handwraps

Feet: Shrouded Shoes

Perks:

Alchemy: Alchemist 5/5, Physician, Poisoner, Concentrated Poison, Green Thumb and Snakeblood

Alteration: Novice - Expert Alteration, Stability and Dual Casting

Restoration: Novice - Adept Restoration, Dual Casting and Regeneration (Note: Might change Dual Casting for Respite)

Sneak: Stealth 5/5, Muffled Movement, Light Foot and Silent Roll

Pickpocket: Lightfingers 5/5, Night Thief, Poisoned, Cutpurse, Extra Pockets and Misdirection

Tags: Dragonborn1721, The Constellations

Views: 377

Replies to This Discussion

Eh, not sure. This one is definitely going in (obviously) but I doubt I'll put the rest of the series in, depends on whether I need some idea for the next few 

This idea is really good! I love the idea for the series you will do. Can't wait for the Shadow and Atronach stones.

I'm pretty excited for those two myself, but sadly I've gone and made the Shadow Stone as weak as possible with my pesky no glitches rule  It should be interesting, but I'm going to try and not think about it for now (otherwise I'll go post it, and then the next one and they'll all be in the Shop before I even post the first one).

Thanks for supporting the idea Warlord 

So I'm guessing you'll exclude Shouts in your series?

Yeah, that's part of the non Dragonborn rule that I have, I think it'd make the characters focus more on their limited powers instead of being able to use a wide collection of Shouts. 

So, because I like discussing things, I wanted to discuss how much lore I'm going to add to the build. At the moment I have two main paths (which would slightly change the character), and I'm a little unsure of which one I'll be focusing on.

Now, the Serpent Stone is fairly easy to relate to both Lorkhan and Sep (though you could argue that the similarities between the two make that an obvious statement) but the connections are almost too easily made, so I wanted to follow one of those routes. My only thing with Sep is that I'm just not comfortable playing an Argonian that worships/is an aspect of Sep (I haven't narrowed that down yet) so if I did that I'd sacrifice the bonuses of an Argonian for a more lore-friendly/logical character.

If I go Lorkhan, I feel like he's the more mainstream god, and can work with just about any race so it wouldn't be a big deal for an Argonian to have a relationship. 

So, should I go gameplay over a bit more roleplay with Sep (BTW, Sep works a little better than Lorkhan IMO, and is more interesting because less people have done Sep builds), or focus on the gameplay by going with Lorkhan? 

Well personally I don't know much about Sep, I just know his general story. I would definitely prefer Sep largely because of that. I know I don't share the opinion of most, but I like role-play a little more than gameplay. It will want me to curiously keep a eye on this so I can learn more about Sep.

It's not exactly unheard of an Argonian to not revere the Hist. They would simply have to have been born out of the Shadowfens and to less than religious parents. It could be reasoned for an Argonian to believe in Yokudan lore, making it possible.

Another thing to note is that really the Serpent should be Neutral Lawful or Neutral Chaotic depending on their mood. It is the unpredictable guardian stone and thus acts upon a whim as befits the present demeanor.

My thing is that the Yokudan/Redguard lore just feels so unique when compared to the other religions, and while some people might be able to make it work, I personally wouldn't be able to (for either myself or in the build). 

I think I've hooked myself into the idea of him worshiping Sep at this point anyway, I like touching on new gods and the Redguard ones have always interested me so I think it'll simply interest me more than Lorkhan (or the Serpent). 

Alright. So....Argonian worshipping Yokudan Sep? How does thatwork?

It won't XD I'm changing the race to redguard when I get back to my PC
Oh, thank the Mighty Snake Stomper. You got me worried for a second... :D

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service