Hello everyone! As I'm sure you've all seen by now, we have spent the larger half of the summer preparing for our community's move off of the Ning platform. The process has been long and stressful (most of the time), but we're finally ready to go! Assuming everything goes according to plan, we expect the new site to go live on September 1st!* We aren't expecting this to be a painless process for all of you, but in order to make it slightly less painful for us all, please do the following:

1. Backup your photos!!! The new platform saves photos in a different manner than Ning does, and therefore none of our photos transferred over. Be sure to save all photos to your computer (this includes, but is not limited to, photos embedded in discussions/blogs, build artwork, regularly uploaded photos and photo albums, and page artwork). You'll need to re-add all of your photos to your discussions when we move over, so having them backed up will help you out a lot!
  2. Backup all content posted after June 1st, 2016! While the vast majority of our content did transfer, nothing posted between June 1st and now will not be there. Please backup your content so that you can repost it! Nobody wants to see that work go to waste!
  3. Expect to change your password! Once we launch the new site, your current logins WILL NOT WORK! You will need to login to the new site using your existing email address, but a new password will need to be set up (using the "Forgot Password" option will be the easiest way to do change this).
  4. We'll still have our Ning site for 2-3 months! The Ning site will stay active for 2-3 months as a backup in case any content is lost. After that point (likely the end of 2016), this old site will fade to Oblivion! 
  5. Give us time! We're all getting used to the new platform, so please give everyone some time to get adjusted. Once we're all settled (more or less) then we'll be trying to fix any issues that arise, but until then please be patient with us!

We're all very excited to move to the new site - I have high hopes for our future on it! A lot of time and effort has gone into making this a reality, and I'd like to take this time to thank everyone who has helped us get this far. This place wouldn't be the same without you all here! I look forward to seeing the lot of you on the new site!

-Todd

*- We are still currently in the late stages of development. Should this date need to be pushed back, we'll be sure to let you all know as soon as we do!

Tags: Moving!, No more Ning!

Views: 1709

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this vote of confidence, Mercurias! I know it means a lot to the admins and hosts who have worked really hard on this. It's definitely a ton of work and a lot of things to configure. Some things are easy fixes and some aspects and features will need to be rolled out over time but, so far I know lots of us are really excited about some of the new things we can do over on the new site. I for one am stoked! :D
Will we still be able to go into HTML on our Discussions?

You'll be able to edit the HTML source code, yes, 

Looking forward to this guys, all prepared over here :-)

Pretty much every site is a WIP for all of its' life, whether it's expanding, keeping the design fresh or just shuffling things around. Looking forward to something more stable in terms of access and maybe ways for you guys to make it even better over the next few years.

Had a quick look at some of the SE modules a few months back, and some look really good, curious to see what we're going live with and what will be rolled out later :-D

Tomorrow!

I'm excited! ^_^

I'm actually rather exited to see our new dwelling :D

When can new stuff start being posted on the new site?

When the site goes live. 

Thanks Todd.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service