This thread is simply to ask/answer any questions about role playing in Skyrim and other TES games.

Anyone can chime in with answers; the more ideas the better! Try to stay on topic as much as possible; threads like this can get unwieldy fast if a lot of tangents are thrown in.

Tags: Help Thread

Views: 8131

Replies to This Discussion

Like take a vote of everyone then? That is a really creative way to choose a side Ajani.

It was in some build, so its not mine, but it doesn't have to be a vote, per say, just who makes the best points-eg, the Jarl of Rifted makes a stupid point for Ulfric, but her Housecarl makes a good one.

Why might a heavy armor-wearing, battleaxe-wielding alchemist switch to light armor and dual-wielding?

I've got a few ideas:

After facing a dangerous opponent in combat, jealousy/ admiration/ respect could make them change to that style.

The Companions or another fighting guild convinces them to change based on skill, body type etc.

Dual Wielding is better to apply poisons, so maybe the character's alchemy skill took a leap recently and they decided to make the most of it.

Is it possible for a generally anxious person to be curious and explore innocuous footpaths?

Me experiencing extreme anxiety, absolutely not. I am a fairly curious person but venturing outside of unfamiliar paths is to scary for me. But it depends on the person I guess.

How do fortify alchemy enchantments work in-universe? Do they make you better at crushing up plants into finer powders?

I would say it's more of a skill potion, allowing you to increase your ability to slice, crush, and grind things into finer powders, get more juices, and be more precise with your measurements.

So, I was wondering, what should I put in a detailed character profile. I don't just want the bare minimum. What I have so far is:

Name

Alias

Allied Groups/People

Enemy Groups/People

Class

Birthplace

Current Abode

Skin Tone

Stature

Hair Color/Style

Eye Color

Clothing

Armor

Personality

Alignment

Backstory

Is there something else I should add? Thank you so much for any suggestions you may have.

Honestly, that'll make a solid profile all on its own. You don't really need much more. You can by all means add more, though! We have two guides for building RP profiles, perhaps they'll be of some help. I should also mention that we've moved sites - this one, the one housed on Ning - it's not going to exist soon. Here's our new site. You'll likely need to sign up again, but I'll approve you asap. Once you're signed up, head to Roleplay group to find the stickied guides. Alternatively, just use these links:

A Guide to Creating a Character Profile

A Different Guide to Creating a Character Profile

And be sure to PM me or reply here if you need any help or have any questions. 

Thanks a bunch! I'll make sure to go to that new site right now!

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service