Welcome to the second edition of Lore Gem Spotlights. Some of you may recall this being on hold after the first edition, and now it is ready to carry on. This should come out weekly, or perhaps once in two weeks. We will see. To start it off again, we are going into two articles, Legendary Figures: Ulfric StormcloakLegendary Figures: Hoag Merkiller and Magic and the Nords . I hope you enjoy, and urge you to visit these articles. 

Legendary Figures: Ulfric Stormcloak by  Gregonav Acquiane,

Golden Fool and Phil.

Ulfric Stormcloak, a figure I am sure you know very well. P

ro

bably fought him a few times, and fought for him as well.  

This article gives us a biography made of the lore we kno

w,  and an overview of his character, 

with a few theories as well. They give us an insight into his character, and what lead him on the path he has chosen, as well as the difficulties he overcame.

Legendary Figures; Hoag Merkiller by Phil.

Now, this a figure you probably do not know so well. This article was created to prove a point, to not jump to conclusions about the Nordic race. An elf killing Nordic king of Skyrim, who lived two-hundred years.

Now, Phil makes a point through observing this man, a Nord I doubt some of you have ever hear of. He takes his struggles, his life and morphs it into a point that we should listen to.

"So what point am I making here? It is easy to jump to conclusions about Nordic culture, their violence and worldview and forget that their cultural identity isn't always one of outright xenophobia. Although their long history of war against elves will forever taint their outlook, they are capable of acting for other purposes and even setting aside personal animosity to achieve a larger goal."-Phil

Magic and the Nords by Accursed Gloom.

And now, the final article in this edition. This clearly related to our theme of Nords, if you haven't realized that yet, and an article we can use to

look into the Nord mindset. In this, Gloom lists the reasons and explanations of why the Nord's hatred and prejudice against Magic, with his speculation and logic. Some of these include the Great Anguish or Oblivion Crisis, the Great Collapse, even the Galdur Amulet. This is an in depth article, with Gloom putting himself in the Nord's shoes, and thinking like they would. I urge you to read it, it is a great piece to further study the Nords.

Conclusion

All of these articles are informative, interesting and can be used to look into the Nord's mindset, the reasons behind all their actions, and then their beliefs. We have an example of a typical Nord, and an atypical Nord as well as a list of reasons for a mindset they are renowned for. We sadly do not have the titanic articles on them as we do with the Altmer, but these articles should be of great help for anyone looking to see farther into the Nord mind and race.  

Edition One

Tags: Accursed Gloom, Golden Fool, Gregonav Acquiane, Lore Gems, Phil, Second Edition

Views: 243

Replies to This Discussion

For weeks I cannot write them, is there a way to write them in advance, for them to post later?  I know there is a way to do that with blogs.

There's no way to do it with discussion sadly. If you write them up and send them to me I could post them for you (naturally I'd mention that you wrote them). 

Thanks, that would be a great help.

I really love the look of the Spotlight Malign, it's got a really, really cool feel to it. I can safely say I'm surprised I've read two of these, Phil's Legendary Figures series is one of my favorite series of anything on this site and provide a really cool look into some very interesting characters. I haven't finished reading Gloom's Article, but I did start it when it was posted, seems like a really interesting discussion. 

The only slight change I'd make is to have the titles of each article as links, well that and maybe organise it so it looks a bit more like this. It just means that you can get rid of some of those awkward spaces that having two pictures next to each other creates. Just a  quick suggestion, it really is great looking.

------------------------------------------

Legendary Figures; Hoag Merkiller by Phil.

Now, this a figure you probably do not know so well. This article was created to prove a point, to not jump to conclusions about the Nordic race. An elf killing Nordic king of Skyrim, who lived two-hundred years.

Now, Phil makes a point through observing this man, a Nord I doubt some of you have ever hear of. He takes his struggles, his life and morphs it into a point that we should listen to.

"So what point am I making here? It is easy to jump to conclusions about Nordic culture, their violence and worldview and forget that their cultural identity isn't always one of outright xenophobia. Although their long history of war against elves will forever taint their outlook, they are capable of acting for other purposes and even setting aside personal animosity to achieve a larger goal."-Phil

Done. Thank you for the advice.

Just noticed that Phil was cut out of the title. Fixed that.

Almost forgot, thanks to Will for the Lore Gem Image and thanks to the deviantart authors of the images used

Very nice, Malign, good choices. Phil will hate that, haha, which means good job, mate 

Thanks, but Phil will hate what?

Hehehe, don´t mind me. Just poking and joking. 

Thank you for doing this Malign, I can honestly say it makes me smile to see you put these three articles together in a theme spotlight

The Lorc knows me very well too

Hey, didn't even see this until now. Thanks for the mention!

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service