All Discussions Tagged 'Lore: Magic' (8)

← Back to Elder Scrolls Lore
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

On Magic: Magicka, Nirn, and You

Now that we understand what magic and magicka are, it is time to examine how magic manifests itself within Mundus and, more specifically, h…

Started by Kyrielle Atrinati

8 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Karver The Lorc

Magic and the Nords

It's a well-known fact that many Nords of Skyrim dislike and distrust mages. One must only look at Winterhold, the Stormcloaks, and ge…

Started by Accursed Gloom

13 Jul 6, 2016
Reply by Misha

Lore: Shadow Magic

Shadow Magic Scroll of Shadow A brief history of Shadow Magic First Scroll of Shadow … chosen to explore this relation of world to shadow,…

Started by Henson

34 Jan 19, 2016
Reply by Mirric

Morality of Necromancy

It seems to me that, aside from any cultural stigmas, the morality of necromancy depends on two things: 1. The ethical treatment of the sou…

Started by Ernilcrabanar Lagorvyrthur

32 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Impaleification

On Magic: Racial Attitudes and Aptitudes

Racial Attitudes and Aptitudes for Magicka Each individual has a supply of magicka inherent to them, though many may not know how to tap in…

Started by Kynareth

19 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by DizzieDee

On Magic: Origins and Applications

What could burning an attacking draugr, drinking a health potion to heal a saber cat gash, or raising a dead thrall have in common? Each sc…

Started by Kynareth

33 Mar 18, 2015
Reply by Aspect-Emperor

The Atronach/Golem Dichotomy

Atronachs and Golems. Two extremely similar creatures that are indistinguishable to the layman. However, these two avatars of t…

Started by Premier Eden

0 Jul 7, 2014

The Science of Alchemy: History and Evolution

So many beautiful things for potions. All of them there for the taking, waiting to be plucked and put to use. "Grind me! Take my essence an…

Started by Vazgen

17 Nov 19, 2013
Reply by Vazgen

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service