There are some shouts that are very easy to utilize on their own, like Soul Tear and Unrelenting Force, and others whose effects are more subtle, like Become Ethereal and Throw Voice, and require finesse to use offensively. I was hoping you would be so kind as to list your favorite tricks and methods of incorporating Shouts into gameplay, especially the lesser used ones like Battle Fury or Drain Vitality.

Throw Voice and any environmental trap work well together when stealthed, allowing you to clear entire rooms by goading enemies into stepping on a floor plate and having a spiked wall bash them into oblivion.

Aura Whisper is a great spell to use with Ice Storm, as it can shoot through walls. This allows an enterprising Mage to clear a room without even entering it. Just use the shout to line up shots and fire away. While this method can be used with Detect Life/Death also, neither of those spells also detect automatons like Aura Whisper, making this good for Dwemer ruins.

Dismay is an underrated shout for mid-level thief characters. No charge time needed, no Magicka cost, and it can clear a room so you can loot it uninterrupted and run back to a secure hiding spot to go back into stealth. It's also nice for archers when living enemies start to get too close. Just keep an eye on the doors and snipe enemies who try and leave the room.

Bend Will is a ludicrously powerful shout. Its first word is a two-second stagger, making it a good means of interrupting enemy casters and archers briefly. Its second word turns every living enemy into your followers temporarily, making it a powerful tool for illusionists or members of the Imperial race, who can chain it with Voice of the Emperor to have an uninterrupted 120 seconds to clear enemies out one by one (Bend Will 2nd word, then Voice of the Emperor, then Bend Will again).

Soul Tear works on Mammoths. Using Animal Allegiance on them does more than just send them against their Giant buddies, it places Mammoths in a position where you can zap them wih Soul Tear after they've been weakened by whatever combat you sent them into, netting you a grand soul and a hairy undead elephant friend.

Cyclone will juggle a giant while you raid its camp for stuff. Just saying.

Kyne's Peace is a great way to gather leather, as well as practice sneak attacks.

I'll be happy to add more should any be submitted.

Tags: Tips and Tricks Magic

Views: 611

Replies to This Discussion

Not every damaging shout falls under destruction though

I use Animal Allegiance to disarm traps, especially the soul gem pedestal traps.  One word of the shout creates a small tremor that knocks the gems off their pedestals.

I've gone ahead and moved this discussion to the new web site. If I've failed to cite anyone in the new thread, please let me know there and I'll correct it.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service