Welcome to The Character Build Archives! On this page all of the group's character builds can be navigated to quickly through our tag network. Builds found here are specialized by archetype and playstyle by their original author so you can refine your search and find the perfect Skyrim character.
Any build that you choose to add to the archive is allowed 3 playstyle tags, 1 race tag, 1 rank tag, and the "Character Build Mods" tag if the build requires them. Adding more than 3 group tags will result in the host removing them.
These tags require quotation marks around them and "Character Build" at the beginning. For example, "Character Build Thief" (quotation marks included), is how you'd format the thief playstyle tag on your build.
- Archer - Users of bows and crossbows
- Juggernaut - Tough characters that use heavy armor and/or blocking
- Knight - Honorable warriors skilled in close combat
- Barbarian - Brutish fighters that use light armor and two handed weapons
- Monk - Combatants that prefer to fight with their hands as well as bows
- Warrior - Fighters that rely primarily on combat skills
- Blacksmith - Characters that create and/or temper their equipment
- Dual-Wield - Characters that use a weapon in each hand
- Crusader - Holy warriors devoted to eradicating evil
- Necromancer - Magic users skilled at raising the dead
- Elementalist - Mages that wield the power of the elements through Destruction magic
- Healer - Characters skilled in healing themselves or their allies
- Sorcerer - Mages that utilize heavy armor to protect themselves
- Mage - Magic users skilled in the arcane arts
- Witchhunter - Skilled archers who make use of spells
- Spellsword - Combatants capable of wielding both weapons and magic
- Illusionist - Mages skilled in the arts of Illusion magic
- Summoner - Mages that utilize Conjuration magic to bring forth otherworldly allies
- Enchanter - Characters that imbue their equipment with magical effects
- Battlemage - Mages that can also use weapons to destroy their foes
- Nightblade - Rogues and assassins that use magic to enhance their abilities
- Pilgrim - Mobile warriors, travelers and hagglers
- Rogue - Characters that make use of stealth, skill and wit to win battles
- Scout - Stealthy archers skilled in both alchemy and close combat
- Assassin - Characters that prefer to eliminate foes from the shadows
- Thief - Scoundrels that prefer to steal from people rather than kill them
- Acrobat - Agile fighters who use speed and agility to their advantage
- Alchemist - Characters skilled in making potions and poisons
- Bard - Jacks of all trades, these characters use weapons, magic and skill
- Agent - Spies and assassins, making use of spells and stealth
- Bound Weapons - Characters who make use of conjured weapons
- No Crafting - Characters who do not use any crafting skills
- Mage Armor - Characters who rely primarily on flesh spells for defense
- Unarmored - Characters with little to no armor rating
- Unarmed - Characters who fight with their fists or claws
- Shouts - Characters who make heavy use of shouts
- Supporter - Characters who buff their allies instead of fighting themselves.
- Werewolf - Characters who use their werewolf form extensively
- Vampire - Characters who utilize vampirism
- Hero - Characters devoted to good and justice
- Villain - Characters devoted to evil
- Mods - Characters that rely heavily on game modifications
Race tags work slightly differently. Simply add the tag Race:(Name of Race). For example, Race:Argonian is the race tag for Argonians. There are no spaces in there so no quotation marks are needed.
The rank tag determines a build's position in the Character Build Rankings, so ensure that you understand the ranking system before adding your tag. While all the other tags are optional, every build is required to have a rank tag that corresponds to its number of likes. More information on the group ranks and scoring can be found in detail on this page.
When creating the tag for your build write it exactly as it follows: Rank:Bloodworks or Rank:Mythic
Character Building Events:
Character Building Events are a regular occurrence around here, during which people sign up to create character builds with a specific theme. Event builds are recognized by their "Event Build" prefix as well as their two special tags: one tag that represents the event and one event rank tag that replaces the typical character build rank tag.
The tags that represent events are the following:
When creating the event tag for your build write it exactly as it follows: Event:Crossworlds
The tags that represent an event build's rank are the following:
When creating the event tag for your build write it exactly as it follows: "Rank:Event Recognized" (quotation marks included)
Character Building Contests:
You can search previous contests by their contest tag (Contest1 for The Mythic Dawn, Contest2 for Racial Builds) or by their placement in the contest (Contest Gold for first place, Contest Silver for second place, Contest Bronze for third place). Contests are quite different from events as there are clear winners chosen.
- The Character Building Discussion tag is for group discussions that aren't character builds themselves but still pertain to character building.
- The Hidden Gem Spotlight tag is used, as you might expect, for builds that have had a Hidden Gem Spotlight done on them. Hidden Gem Spotlights are special features for "diamond in the rough" builds that deserve more attention. Less frequent is the Hidden Builder Spotlight, which is done for character builders who have multiple builds that have flown under the radar.
- The Hall of Fame Build tag, as the name implies, is for builds that have made it into the Character Building Hall of Fame.
- Finally, you can click on the Build of the Week tag to look at past Character Build Showcases.
Joining The Archive:
To display your own builds in the archive you simply need to place group tags on your character build. You should carefully select the tags that best describe your characters most prominent characteristics to help people locate your build faster. Use the format below, quotation marks included, to ensure your build is added to the categories above...