Welcome to The Character Build Archives! On this page all of the groups character builds can be navigated to quickly through our tag network. Builds found here are specialized by archetype and playstyle by their original author so you can refine your search and find the perfect Skyrim character.
- Archer - Users of bows and crossbows
- Juggernaut - Tough characters that use heavy armor and/or blocking
- Knight - Armored warriors skilled in close combat
- Barbarian - Brutish fighters that use light armor and two handed weapons
- Monk - Monks prefer to fight with the hands as well as bows
- Warrior - Fighters skilled in use of a variety of armor and weapons
- Blacksmith - Characters making heavy use of smithing techniques
- Dual-Wield - Characters that use a weapon in each hand
- Crusader - Armored warriors that use Restoration magic to avoid death
- Necromancer - Magic users skilled at raising the dead
- Elementalist - Mages that bring destructive elemental forces to bear
- Healer - Characters skilled in healing themselves or their allies
- Sorcerer - Armored mages that heavily enchant their equipment.
- Mage - Magic users skilled in all the arcane arts
- Witchhunter - Skilled archers who make use of spells
- Spellsword - Similar to a Battlemage, these combatants wear light or no armor to remain agile.
- Illusionist - Mages who use in Illusion magic to deceive others
- Summoner - Mages skilled in the arts of Conjuration to bring forth otherworldly allies
- Enchanter - Characters making heavy use of enchanting techniques
- Battlemage - Heavily armored mages that wield weapons and spells to destroy their foes
- Nightblade - Rogues and assassins that use magic to enhance their abilities
- Pilgrim - Mobile warriors, travelers and hagglers
- Rogue - These characters make use of their stealth, skill and wit to win battles
- Scout - Stealthy archers skilled in use of alchemy and close combat
- Assassin - Characters that prefer to eliminate foes from the shadows
- Thief - Thieves prefer to avoid foes to reach their goal, rather than killing
- Acrobat - Agile fighters who use speed and agility to their advantage
- Alchemist - Characters skilled in making and using potions and poisons
- Bard - Jacks of all trades, these characters use weapons, magic and skill
- Agent - Spies and assassins, making use of spells and stealth
- Bound Weapons - Characters who make use of conjured weapons
- No Crafting - Characters who do not use any crafting skills
- Unarmored - Characters who fight without armor
- Unarmed - Characters who fight with their fists or claws
- Shouts - Characters that make heavy use of Shouts
- Supporter - Pacifist characters who buff their allies instead of fighting themselves.
- Werewolf - Characters who use their werewolf form extensively
- Vampire - Characters afflicted with vampirism who use its various perks
- Hero - Characters devoted to good and justice
- Villain - Characters devoted to evil
- Mods - Builds that rely heavily on game modifications
Race tags work slightly differently. Simply add the tag 'Race:(Name of Race)'.For example, the tag for Argonians is 'Race:Argonian'. There are no spaces in there so no quotation marks are needed.
The rank tag determines a build's position in the Character Build Rankings, so ensure that you understand the ranking system before adding your tag. More information on the group ranks and scoring can be found in detail on this page.
When creating the tag for your build use this format: 'Rank:Bloodworks' or 'Rank:Mythic'.
Character Build Events:
The event builds do not use rank tags but rather their own unique tag for whichever event they are for. They also use the 'Event Build:' prefix. To see the Event Builds, simple click the following links.
The Hidden Gems are a special type of showcase done for those builds that seem to fly under the radar and be unseen by the general population of the Skyrim Blog. And now you can find them here by simply heading to the Hidden Gem Spotlight tag.
Character Build Showcases:
You can now find all past Character Build Showcases in one place.
Joining The Archive:
To display your own builds in the archive you simply need to place group tags on your character build. You should carefully select the tags that best describe your characters most prominent characteristics to help people locate your build faster. Use the format below to ensure your build is added to the categories above...
Any build that you choose to add to the archive is allowed 3 group tags, 1 race tag, 1 rank tag, and the "Character Build Mods" tag if the build requires them. Adding more than 3 group tags will result in the host instantly closing your discussion.