happy birthday Morrowind!!! -From all at the skyrim Blog-

Happy 10th Anniversary, Morrowind!

Time sure flies.

10 years ago this week, we released the PC version of the The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. While I was still a senior in college at the time, I remember it being a monumental release, and I was envious of PC gamers playing it before it released on Xbox. In the five years I’ve been working at Bethesda, I’ve learned to appreciate the game even more. The game was vital our company, and allowed us to continue the series with Oblivion and Skyrim.

It never ceases to amaze me how strong Morrowind’s community remains. The modding community continues to push the game to its limits and Morrowind will always be the sentimental favorite for longtime fans.

courtesy of bethblog

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many Happy Returns and may the quality titles continue for another 10 yrs although some dlc would be nice now lol 

Wow. Where did those ten years go, eh?

It only seems yesterday that I took my first faltering steps into the land of Vvardenfell. I bought it on the day of release having followed it in games magazines and the Web, I really thought it would suit me - and I was not wrong!

I remember stumbling through the character creation in the Census Office, and then that amazing message as soon as I stepped outside 'You're on your own now. Good luck'. No quest markers. No mini map arrows. Nothing.

They don't make 'em like that any more

Lol, I was 3 years old then when it came out. Wierd.

Happy Birthday Morrowind! One of my alltime favorite games!

When I first played Morrowind I was pretty young and wasn't very good at games. I played around as multiple characters and went to imperial forts to steal stuff in crates so my orc could have armor :P Then of course I would always die from Cliff Racers which I dreaded XD

Much later I bought it for PC (Last time I'd rented for Xbox) and played it alot as a Thief, it's held a special place in my heart ever since :P

RSS

Site-Only Search Button

Donate to The Skyrim Blog

WEEKLY POLL

surveys

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

About

Emer Dareloth created this Ning Network.

Helpful Links

Here are a few links that will assist you in searching for all things Elder Scrolls (assuming you cannot find them here, of course):

© 2014   Created by Emer Dareloth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service